Last updated May 13, 2020
How we collect information from or about you?
We collect information from you when you submit it to us, for example, when you: (i) enter your information via the “Contact Us” page and submit it to us; (ii) order products and/or services from us; (iii) request information from us; (iv) register for an account or to participate in a conference or in public forums on the Website; (v) opt in or subscribe to our newsletter or participate in a campaign; or (vi) respond to our customer surveys.
We may also:
- acquire information from public sources or from third-party sources, such as our advertising and market research partners, to update or enhance the other information collected about you. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it; and
- automatically acquire information when you reply to or interact with an email we send, such as to track your engagement with our messages or when your replies to our messages contain additional email addresses.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal information?
We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable laws. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide or operate the Website and the services provided to you, including to provide customer support and process your orders, requests, questions and concerns;
- It satisfies another legitimate interest that is not overridden by your data protection interests, including our interest in processing your information for any of the reasons/purposes specified below.
What types of information we collect?
Personal information. Personal information is information that could identify you, such as your name, email address, address, other contact details and online identifiers.
Non-personal information. Non-personal information is information that cannot be traced back to a specific individual. For example, we track the number of visitors to our website each day.
How we use your information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
- to allow you to use and interact with the Website;
- to communicate with you from time to time in response to your requests for information or as may be relevant to your account with us;
- to send marketing communications related to our products and services;
- to customize the information Afimilk delivers to you;
- to improve the overall quality of the online experience and for the continued development and improvement of the Website;
- to count, track, and aggregate your activity into our analysis of general traffic flows at the Website (e.g. tracking where traffic comes from, how traffic flows within the google.com properties, etc.);
- as required by applicable law or legal requirements pertaining to records retention or for internal administrative purposes;
as may be specifically authorized by you from time to time in writing.
Sharing your Information
We may merge information about you into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregated basis with our clients and/or advertisers; however, your identity or personal information will not be disclosed without your permission.
How long we retain your information
We will retain your information as needed to fulfil legitimate business purposes in accordance with our internal retention policy and applicable laws and regulations.
If you registered to certain services offered by Afimilk, we may keep your personal information as long as you don’t unsubscribe to these services and for an additional 60 days.
How we handle children’s Information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without consent from their parent or guardian, and we will delete such information if we become aware that it has been submitted through the Website. If you are a parent or guardian and are concerned about our collection of your child’s personal information, please contact us.
You may ask us for the following: (i) a copy of your information, (ii) to correct your information, (iii) erase or restrict its processing, and (iv) transfer some of your personal information to other organizations. You may also object our processing of your personal information.
Please note as follows:
- We should be able to determine your identity in order to be able to respond to your request.
- We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- We are not obliged to delete personal information if we can show that the processing is required under applicable law or regulation, or necessary for a legitimate interest, for example, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
- If you provide us with your email address, you will always have the opportunity to opt out of receiving email newsletters and promotions through the unsubscribe link in the email communications. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
- If you do not allow us to collect, or ask us to delete or to stop processing, any of your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with certain features and/or services, and some of the Website’s features and some of our services may not work appropriately or adjusted to your interests and preferences.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, you may contact us.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal information or of an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation, if and to the extent applicable to you, or other applicable data privacy laws, you may lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
Transferring your information internationally
We may store and/or process your personal information in countries outside of your own, including in the United States and in Israel. We rely on the European Commission’s recognition that some non-European Economic Area (EEA) countries have an adequate level of data protection. In countries, other than EEA countries, which may provide different data protection rules, we rely on appropriate contractual clauses.
Links to other websites
Data Security and Integrity
Afimilk is concerned about the security of your data. We have implemented technical and organizational security measures that are designed to help protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technologies and methods.
Please be aware, though, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot ensure, and do not warrant or guarantee, that the information you transmit to us will remain secure, nor do we guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, destroyed or used in an unauthorized manner.
If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on the Website or our services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive a notice of a security breach in writing.