The Most Advanced Cow Leg Sensor
5 PRODUCTS IN A SINGLE PACKAGE:
Heat detection, Animal identification, Calving alert, Rest and Wellbeing.
Accurate Heat Detection, 24/7
AfiAct II is a solution for improving your herd’s pregnancy rate with accurate and time sensitive heat detection. It helps identify which cows should be inseminated, and when is the best time for insemination.
Best Animal ID
Using Afimilk’s proprietary active antenna technology, the same tag also functions as a powerful tool for accurate cow identification in the milking parlor and at the sorting gate.
Get timely alerts at the start of calving. Be notified of prolonged calving to enable your intervention and prevent both complications and calf mortality.
Monitor Rest, Health,
and Group Wellbeing
This powerful tool helps you identify health problems, as well as group wellbeing issues such as overcrowding, poor bedding, or excess group activity that disturb the animals’ comfort and production.
Features and Capabilities
Accurate Heat Detection:
Advanced algorithms for heat detection
Smart fertility management software
AfiAct II solution helps improve your pregnancy rate with the highly accurate heat detection sensor:
- Highly sensitive: Consistently wining detection benchmark tests
- Proven: Validated with millions of animals in 50 countries
- Unique algorithms developed and tested specifically for heifers, cows in open barns, free-stall, and grazing regimes.
A smart management system helps you optimize the work routines, flexibly adapt to versatile farm practices, and make the best of your animal sensor.
- Automated filters to save manual labor – Filter out animals following group changes, pregnancy checks, and hoof-trimming to avoid false alerts.
- Adaptation to work protocols – Flexibly adapt to versatile work protocols, for examples multiple breeding, single breeding, ov-sync, and more
As reliable as it gets - Leverage 40 years of experience, using sensors on millions of cows and heifers:
Mechanical design that is made to last
When you get AfiAct II, you enjoy Afimilk’s 40 years of experience in providing leg sensors to millions of cows and heifers in a vast variety of farm types. AfiAct II’s rock-solid mechanical design is exactly what it takes to whether the harshest farm conditions.
Electronic design with cutting edge technology
Don’t let the elegant and smooth design fool you. Under the hood, the AfiAct II leg tag uses highly sophisticated motion detectors. It was carefully designed to optimize the performance of the sensors, the antenna communication, and remote reading, while keeping the battery alive for years and years.
24/7 wireless sensors reading, wherever your animals are
Using wireless communication, provided the tags are in reading range – allow you maximal management flexibility
- No need for the animals to come to a reading station – solution for cows and heifers
- The AfiAct II reader connects to the farm WiFi – whether the sensor is 20 meters or a kilometer away from your computer – easy to fit with your farm layout.
Heat detection – not only which animals to inseminate, but also when the window of opportunity for insemination: When the inseminator comes, you will want to use the latest heat detection list possible. With AfiAct II wireless reading, the tags are read every few minutes and the animals-for-insemination list is always up-to-date.
In addition, monitoring the timing of heat development, AfiAct II is a powerful tool to optimize insemination timing for each animal, improve the conception chances, and increase the farm’s pregnancy rate.
A focused mobile app for the mobile manager
Afi2Go Pro mobile app frees you to work with your animals and saves the need to return to the office to type in treatment data. Use Afi2Go for:
- Animal info: Search an animal by typing her number or use an RFID (Bluetooth) wand
- Browse lists: Animals for insemination, sick animals, sorted, or vet event (planned treatment)
- Make decisions – sort, assign codes, place a tag, move group, dry, calving, inseminate, and treatment
Stay Alert! Farm Notifications Mobile App
Time sensitive events are now pushed directly into your smartphone and displayed as splash notifications. They can be browsed at all times in your farm-notification inbox
AfiAct II now monitors the animal resting time, health and wellbeing
A calm cow is a productive cow. Research show that 1 lost hour of resting time, equates a loss of 1.7kg/2.2 lb of milk in the tank! AfiAct II tags along with AfiFarm 5.3 software allow you to monitor and be alerted when you need to act:
- Detect sick animals based on rest behavioral pattern
- Welfare index for each group, based on their restlessness
- Overcrowding alerts let you know when overcrowding develops, and in which group
- Quality of bedding alerts tell you when it’s time to improve the bedding
- Group changes alerts point out when too many group changes cause restlessness in the group
Vital knowhow in every step Calving Alert Service
Determination of calving time can often mean the difference between life and death for your calves and cows.
The AfiAct II Calving Alert Service sends notifications directly to your smartphone, just before calving starts, and more importantly, in cases of prolonged calving that may require intervention.
- Proven successful on a large scale – Used in hundreds of farms in tens of countries to help farmers save their calves and cows every day.
- Time sensitive – AfiAct II Calving Alert Service is the industry’s only tool that provides alerts less than 4 hours before calving and in instances of prolonged calving.
- Easy – All you need is a smartphone. Notifications will arrive directly into your Farm Notification inbox, using Afimilk iOS or Android app.
Accurate Animal ID in the milking parlor and at the sorting gate
To achieve effective herd management you need great sensors, but also a reliable identification of the animals being milked, sorted, or fed at automated feeders.
Afimilk’s unique technology for electronic identification of animals is accurate and robust to electric interference. Implemented through AfiAct II leg tags, no additional RFID tags are needed.
AfiFarm provides stall antennas that are suitable for any farm and any parlor.
Accurate Animal ID in the milking parlor and at the sorting gate Two that are better than one plus one:
the reliable tool for cow monitoring
the smart tool for farm management
AfiAct II is the perfect cow monitoring tool to go along with an Afimilk management and parlor automation solution. Here are just a few of the many reasons why:
- Cow ID in the milking parlor and at the sort gate
AfiAct II with proprietary active ID technology provides the highest ID rate available and is robust to electric interference.
- Combined multiple sensors algorithms
AfiFarm’s cow monitoring algorithms analyze the combination of behavioral changes (using AfiAct II), and milk changes (using MPC and Inline Milk Lab)
- Great heat detection, great management tools
AfiFarm brings the management tools you need to make decisions that improve your fertility, monitor those decisions, and execute (routines, tasks, procedures
- Find animals for attention and sort them
AfiAct II will help you detect the animals to inseminate, check, or treat. AfiFarm will help you sort them to the correct pen, at the designated time
- Single software – single software for heat detection, herd management, milk recording, and parlor automation
Enhanced Neck Collar for cow monitoring
Next generation neck collar
- Accurate heat detection
- Rumination & eating time monitoring
- Individual cow health
- Group digestion
- 24/7 wireless detection
- Long battery life
Accurate Heat Detection, 24/7
Will tell you which cows to inseminate and when
AfiCollar is a solution for improving your herd’s pregnancy rate with accurate and time sensitive heat detection. It helps identify which cows should be inseminated and when, even for grazing cows.
Individual cow's health
Rumination and Eating
Key Data at Your Fingertips
Intuitive mobile app for effective mobile management
Afi2Go Pro mobile app
- Animal status, events and more
- Search for animal – type her number or use a Bluetooth RFID wand
- Assign tags, assign codes, conduct insemination and treatments
- Get attention lists – insemination and health
- Sort cows
All from your mobile device
Features and Capabilities
- Animals for insemination/breeding list
- Best timing for insemination
- Anestrus cows
- Suspected abortion
- Routine period cows (every 21 days)
Unique tool for health monitoring
Combination of all the measures – rumination time, eating time, milk yield and conductivity, fat, protein and lactose provides an accurate health indication per each and every cow:
- Fresh cows sickness
- Non-specific health alert
The most advanced tool for your herd monitoring and management
With AfiFarm you’ll be bale to view your herd status and performance in a glance and take the right decisions for most efficient management:
- ABC dashboard with the most important data delivered in a clear and usable way
- Clear indication on parlor performance
Each and every cow history and current data
- Each and every cow history and current data
- Sync with all main herd management systems
Durable battery that will last the cow’s lifetime
Sophisticated electronic design with high energy battery ensures that collar will last at least 6 years of excellent performance (extended warranty period can be purchased).
Mechanical design that is made to last
Made of the finest materials, the collar is designed to withstand strong mechanical impact and other harsh farm conditions that are not friendly to sophisticate electronics, such as extreme temperatures and wetness.
Afi2Go Pro – your herd is in the reach of your hand
Afi2Go Pro mobile application allows you to access data of any cow, get attention list, sort cows and add events easily and quickly.
Near Field Communication is embedded inside the collars and allows reading its identification number by any smartphone.
Wireless technology makes the system easy to set up and operate
- 24/7, wireless reading – using wireless communication, the collars sensors are being read every few minutes.
- Wireless connection to the PC – the reader which reads the collars in the barn does not need to be wired to the controller, giving you flexibility to locate the controller in the office or where you like
- Extended range – reader coverage of up to 800m/0.5mi allows you to cover your farm with a minimal number of readers