The New Product Introduction leader Engineer will function as a key member of the Operations team that ensures an orderly transition from R&D to Operations. The NPI / Product lead Eng will be responsible for new product introduction, manufacture processes, product documentation, tech aspects, tooling, support test equipment and automation for both new and existing products. In addition, the engineer will support sustain manufacture products and activities.
- Responsible for building and managing Product/Production file, Product documentation, BOM, jigs/tools/Fixtures design, DFX’s, production needs and troubleshooting.
- Be the operation technical focal point and collaborate cross functionally with R&D, engineering, supply chain, quality.
- Managing and control Turn- Key/Suppliers engineering activities for box build/subunits, local and overseas throughout the project lifecycle and post release
- Engaging test related projects with subcontractor delivering electrical and mechanical related test equipment to the production line
- Responsible for conducting product ECO process including implementation and configuration control.
- Manage and execute FAIs at subcontractors’ site.
- Validation of manufacturing process to meet targets, production output and quality standards.
- Support operation engineering processes such as Waiver/Deviations, EOL, FMEA, root causes analysis, continues improvement, Audits. Support on-going production processes and equipment, train subcontractors & production line
- Support IQC, IPQC, OQC documentation and process
- Implementation of manufacturing transfer requirements, TTP from Afimilk to Suppliers/Contract Manufacturing and its 2nd tier (if applicable).
Required Expertise and Skills
- Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from a leading university or equivalent experience
- +4 years of proven experience in a Engineering & manufacturing/NPI environment of multidisciplinary products (Electronics, Mechanic, SW, Testing, Integration)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of proven experience in products design, preferred multidisciplinary products.
- Alternatively, +4 years of design will be considered for this position.
- Experience in leading projects or project management
- Familiar with Mechanical design tools
- Define DVT to assure complying with specifications.
- Proven experience with Turn-key project management and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English & Hebrew
- Self-motivated, self-maintained and able to take the initiative to solve problems.
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Systematic thinking, leadership, and management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.