Afimilk’s full automation and management solution is comprehensive yet highly focused on farmers’ needs, including the desired ease of use:
Inline milk lab brings together our acclaimed milk meter and the Afilab, our unique milk analyzer, which evaluates the components in your cow’s milk. AfiAct II pedometers provide heat detection with uncompromised accuracy, calving alert, rest monitoring, as well as reliable animal ID in the parlor.
AfiFarm the leading management software is orchestrating the show, and now with dramatic advantages revealed in AfiFarm 5.3
High-Quality Milk Sensors
- Afimilk has designed a unique set of milk sensors to monitor and record the most essential aspects of the milk yield – for every cow, during every milking session.
- Milk yield is accurately measured, for short-term monitoring of health problems, improved animal selection and long-term genetic potential.
- Milk solids are analyzed with a focus on protein and fat components to effectively detect ketosis, nutritional issues and digestion-related health problems.
- Conductivity and lactose content are scanned with special attention, as changes in these milk components accurately indicate mastitis.
Afimilk’s sensors go beyond indicating which cows have dropped in milk production or show increased milk conductivity. Our research team has developed key applications that will dramatically change the way you manage treatments and improve outcomes, including:
- Early Ketosis detection – for improved treatment of fresh cows
- Mastitis detection – treat mastitis early, preventing loss of valuable production and infection of other cows
- Blood detection – prevent blood from entering the milk tank
- Sub-Acute Ruminal Acidosis (SARA) – early detection allows you to treat the related group by adapting the feed regime
- Feed monitoring – identify feed problems as soon as the next milking session. This is critical, since feed costs are the number-one farm expense
- Genetic planning – only Afimilk’s In-Line Milk Lab provides a daily record of milk yield and milk components per cow, which is invaluable information for the planning of animal selection
Labor Saving Tool
The most advanced of its kind, AfiFarm’s milking efficiency module helps you train and monitor the parlor team to optimize the milking process based on a proven record of heightened udder health and milk productivity.
Bringing animals from the barn for treatment is a labor-intensive, stressful process. AfiSort system coupled with AfiFarm software changes all that: you can set automated routines for animal sorting; generate, export and import lists; or easily sort a specific animal in the parlor using a milk-meter keypad, rotary terminal touch screen, or your smartphone.
User Friendly Management Software
CONVENIENT DASHBOARD FOR AN EASY START
It is no secret that AfiFarm is probably the most comprehensive farm management solution available today, combining sophisticated algorithms and incredibly flexible tools for user customization.
Thanks to the AfiFarm ABC Dashboard the day-to-day operations on the farm require little effort.
Even new users will be on top of things within a couple of hours. The user-friendly dashboard displays reports and daily functions on the homepage screen, making real-time data accessible at all times.
The information and actions you need, when and where you need them.
How it works
Exceptionally accurate device for milk yield and conductivity monitoring and recording
The ICAR approved Afimilk MPC Milk Meter provides full control over the milking process. Its state-of-the-art conductivity sensor is used for effective and early detection of mastitis, and to reduce the damage caused by udder disease.
Heavy Duty, Long Life Span, Flexible for Setup
With proper maintenance Afimilk MPC will last in your parlor for many years. It is built to be installed in practically any parlor configuration:
- Modular device – suitable for installation in any type or brand of milking platform.
- Control panel – sealed unit designed to withstand the wet and challenging environment of milking parlors.
- Small volume measuring – requires minimal volume of cleaning water.
- Low-cost preventive maintenance – only requires annual replacement of rubber gaskets.
- Tubing – available in either 5/8” or 7/8” inlets.
- Accessories – an array of efficient and cost-efficient vacuum shut-off valves.
Milk Point Controller
The Afimilk MPC (Milk Point Controller), provides important features and alerts for milking operators:
- Quality milking – built to provide the necessary protection against damaging vacuum fluctuations
- Cluster removal – accurate, adjustable thresholds for automatic stoppage of milking when milk flow decreases; timed vacuum closure guarantees smooth release of cluster from udder
- Pulsation – choose basic control to configure rates and ratios, or advanced flow-controlled pulsation to automatically adjust pulsation according to milk flow.
Afimilk MPC Control Panel
- Reject codes from AfiFfarm (colostrum/antibiotics/high SCC/blood) are used to block the milking and alert operators
- Health code alerts may be set to indicate specific cows that require special attention or treatment
- Animal data – cow number, milk weight and additional data display
- Alerts – early kick-off, real-time Mastitis detection, milking flow and vacuum fluctuations, cluster removal and pulsation
- Software updates on the fly – and new software for the milk meter, via communication.
AfiLab Milk Analyzer to Track Components – Vital Knowhow in Every Drop
The AfiLab milk analyzer is installed inline, at each milking point, to measure milk components from each cow – fat, protein, and lactose. It captures vital information for early illness detection and genetic improvement.
Merits of tracking milk components
Ensuring Feed Efficiency – AfiLab alerts you of feed problems
As feed is the greatest cost for dairy farms, optimized feed control is vital:
- Maintain optimal feed regimes
- Identify effects of ration changes
- Detect reduced quality of feed
Accurate sensors automatically monitor the milk data at every milking (rather than monthly lab tests), delivering highly valuable tools for collection of supportive genetic data:
- Afimilk MPC ICAR approved milk meter – accurate recording of milk yield
- AfiLab milk analyzer – track and record milk components, fat and protein
Database stores the information for every cow three times a day, year over year.
Detection of critical health problems
No one knows your milk better than Afimilk, this is a simple fact.
Using the combined data of milk yield, conductivity, and milk components, we can detect major diseases in the earliest stages: subclinical ketosis, subclinical mastitis, variety of digestion problems,
Mastitis is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, cost drivers of cow health. Early detection is vital for effective treatment to prevent loss of production and avoid cross-contamination (the spread of infection to healthy animals).
Consequences of Mastitis:
- Reduced production
- Late detection causes chronic damage
- Difficult impregnation
- One of the top three involuntary culling reasons
- Cost estimate: $130/year/cow in the herd
The Afimilk solution, how does it work?
Afifarm will not stop at telling you which cows are suspected sick or have reduced milk production. It will also provide a specific list of cows with suspected mastitis.
The unique combination of Afimilk’s sensors, monitoring changes in milk yield, conductivity and lactose, is today’s most effective tool for routine mastitis detection. It helps identify more cows, at an earlier time stage.
Ketosis —early and accurate detection is key
Ketosis or Negative Energy Balance (NEB) Defined
Fresh (post-calving) cows suffer from reduced appetite and weakness. When daily feed consumption does not meet energy needs, cows enter a state of negative energy balance, resulting in stress and increased level of ketone bodies in the blood (i.e. Ketosis).
Treatment can be very effective, but detecting the ketosis state is tricky. For example, detection kits may show inconsistent results when applied at different times of the day. Studies show that up to 75% of the ketosis cases go unnoticed, they are sub-clinical.
The Afimilk solution
Afimilk excels at early detection of ketosis. Ketotic cows present increased levels of fat in their milk, and decreased levels of protein. AfiLab milk analyzer measures milk components and AfiFarm software identifies when fat-to-protein ratio surpasses 1.4 a reliable indication for ketotic cow. As cow’s milk is monitored three times daily for highly sensitive and accurate results.
- Damages of ketosis: production impact, late pregnancies, negative selection (increased exit of high yielding cows)
- Prevalence: 25-40% of fresh cows
- Damage cost estimate: $400 for ketotic cows, average of $100/year/cow in the herd
Sub-acute Ruminal Acidosis (SARA) is a temporary reduction of the rumen pH below desired values due to unbalanced feed. A low pH means poisonous gas in the rumen.
Unfortunately, no SARA detection kits are available, so farmers must look for symptoms such as a change in manure color. However, at that point, it is already too late and the damage is irreversible.
Damages of SARA
- Indigestion (impact on production)
- Decreased fertility
- Tendency to develop laminitis
The AfiLab Solution
Using the AfiLab sensor, Afimilk monitors changes in fat components. Applied on the group level, this gives a highly accurate indication of SARA and paves the road for effective treatment, the farmer will look for recent changes of feed provided to the specific group.
Vital Knowhow in Every Drop - Maintain Top Quality Milk
Prevent loss of bulk milk.
There is nothing more frustrating than having to throw away a whole tank due to load of contaminated milk. Afimilk’s In-Line Milk Lab is your insurance policy for preventing bulk milk contamination:
- Colostrum – can be blocked from milking
- Milk from a cow with antibiotic treatment – can be blocked from milking
- Blood in the milk – can be detected by AfiLab to quickly stop milking
AfiSort - A better way to manage your animals
Fetching cows from their barn for treatment is an intensive task for the farm staff and a stressful event for the entire group. The AfiSort system changes that by letting you automatically sort animals for a treatment plan.
- Keep animals calm – Avoid stressing your animals when you need to bring them from the barn
- Labor savings – Fewer people are needed to manage the animals
- Flexible management – Automate your schedule with one-by-one animal selection or the “sort now” feature
- Solution for farms of all sizes – Two-way sort, three-way sort, single or multiple
- Sort and weight scale (optional) – Integrated and cost effective
Sorting with AfiSort, Easy as A-B-C
In addition to setting sorting routines in AfiFarm, you may apply sort order for any cow with a single click from the parlor, office or mobile app.
Precision milking – save labor, improve udder health!
Afimilk MPC is a highly advanced milk meter which collects detailed, minute-by-minute data about cluster attachments, flow rates, milking curves and milking times.
In turn, these data points serve to assess parlor operation, procedures and milking efficiency. AfiFarm’s milking efficiency module can help you coach and monitor the parlor team and improve the way they are milking the cows.
Aside from measurement capabilities, the MPC optimally controls pulsation, stimulation, accurate cluster removal and milking time to:
- Aid in fresh cow follow-up to help you optimize the milk curve
- Maintain a calm milking environment by alerting you to restless behavior, kick-offs, slow milk let down and double attachments
- Improve milking efficiency by monitoring milking times and flow rates to evaluate the quality of animal preparation for milking and milk let-down
- Offer new pulsation and claw removal parameter options